Friday, June 24, 2011

Pithy sayings - 3

Friends love through all kinds of weather (Prov 17:17a).

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you!

My grandmother started walking five miles a day when she was sixty. She's ninety-seven now, and we have no idea where she is.

I cannot speak well enough to be unintelligible. (Jane Austen)

When words leave off, music begins.

I washed a sock. Then I put it in the dryer. When I took it out, it was gone.

I love to go to Washington - if only to be near my money.

"I don't need a friend who changes when I change and who nods when I nod; my shadow does that much better." (Plutarch)

As a child my family's menu consisted of two choices: take it or leave it.

Drawing on my fine command of the English language, I said nothing.

Don't sweat petty things...or pet sweaty things.

He who hesitates is probably right.

"We read to know that we are not alone." (CS Lewis)

No comments:

Post a Comment