Tuesday, August 30, 2011

My day

Fall busyness has officially begun.  Our daughter started college classes last week, it's the busiest season of the year at work, and church choir practices start up again tomorrow evening.

As always, I began my day with a cup of hot tea with milk and honey.  Sitting down at the computer I signed on to the forum to see if any moderating needed doing and if all my friends were okay.  After concluding that all seemed well, I moved on to facebook to check on my friends there — and to play a game or two. 

I know, I know, they're mindless computer games, but they're rather fun, and, I connect with friends through them, too.  One of my game neighbor friends is the English Department Head at a well known Christian University.  She tells me funny stories of parents and incoming students touring the school this summer, coming to her classroom and finding her at a mooing and clucking computer.  Oh the state of education today.  Ha!  She's also in church choir with me, and after Sunday services you can often find us comparing game notes in the lobby: "Okay, I'll send you few sheep; can you send me a cow?"  My husband scoffs.  I can't understand why. :)  Maybe he shouldn't, though, since one of my other game neighbors is the director of his division at work.

After facebook, I moved on to reading all the blogs I follow.  One blogger talked about how to know if you have the Holy Spirit; he had some good points, but I believe he also interpreted one verse out of context.  A couple of other bloggers filled me in on their family doings, which was great.  I also read one blog that's going through the Book of Acts, another where the blogger posts interesting pictures taken around his neighborhood, three blogs about cooking, and one that talks about medicine, politics, the Lord and life. 

I worked at the office from home today.  So next, after making the bed and getting another cup of tea, I pulled up all my work screens, chatted on line with my boss for a few minutes, answered a dozen or so emails, and then set to work auditing the 40+ missionary expense reports that had come in.  Except for a brief lunch break, that consumed the next six hours.

I then made a dinner of hamburgers with blue cheese, sliced tomatoes fresh from the garden, and milk.  After we finished eating, my husband and I cleaned the kitchen, swept the floor, and took out the garbage.  We planned on walking another 2 miles this evening like we did yesterday, but the incoming rain prevented us.  So here I sit typing out my day instead.  I think I'll try to inch forward on my blog post about the Holy Spirit next.  I keep setting that one aside because I'm really struggling with it. 

So was it a good day?  Was it a day lived by faith?  Was my focus on Him instead of myself?  It wasn't perfect; for one thing, I worried that our car was in the shop yet again.  But over all, yes, I think so.  I hope so.

1 comment:

  1. a) looking forward to your HS post, b) your eyes are going to go out within the next 7 years if you dont quit spending so much time in front of the computer! c) you forgot to mention that you chatted online with your wonderful daughter ^_^

    ReplyDelete