Sunday, June 7, 2009

Chocolate Chip Pie

If you like rich desserts, where a little bit goes a long way, then this is the recipe for you. This recipe has the added advantage of being very easy as well. And of course it tastes that much better if you use the crust recipe I blogged about earlier.

I came by this recipe from my mother via a cookbook put out by Don J. Bingham. Don is a Certified Executive Chef with the American Culinary Federation and an active member of the American Academy of Chefs. He is also a television chef and Food Stylist and does food demonstrations and cooking classes. However, not only is Don gifted in the culinary arts, he is also very gifted musically, too.

In fact, I briefly knew Don over 30 years ago when he was the music pastor at First Baptist Church in Conway, Arkansas. It was not too long after I left Conway to go off to college that Don left his ministry position there to open a small tea room/restaurant in downtown Conway. Because of his great culinary talent, he was soon in great demand, not only in Conway, but in Little Rock, the capital of Arkansas, as well. And as the old saying goes, "the rest is history." You can read more about him here. (It's a bit dated because I believe he stopped working at the Governor's mansion when Mike Huckabee left office.)

This pie is my oldest daughter's favorite dessert, and she often asks me to make it when she visits home.

2 eggs
1 stick butter, melted
1/2 c flour
1 c sugar
1 tsp vanilla
6 oz chocolate chips
1 c walnut pieces

Mix all ingredients and place in unbaked pie shell. Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes. Do not over bake! Cool and serve each slice with a dollop of whipped cream on top.

4 comments:

  1. Looks good, but needs 2-3 times the amount of whipped cream shown. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to confess, I cheated on that last picture. It's not mine. My picture came out terribly blurry. But, my piece of pie had much more whipped cream on it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks and sounds yummy!!
    Thanks Sally!!Your blog looks great by the way and so do your flowers!!

    Love Ya,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Deb. That's so nice of you to say! :)

    ReplyDelete