Sunday, August 30, 2009

Broiled Lamb Patties

If you're tired of the usual beef and chicken fare and are looking for something just a little bit different, why not give ground lamb a try? I unearthed this recipe from an ancient Betty Crocker Cookbook a couple of years ago, and it instantly became a family favorite. There's no telling how old my ripped and battered cookbook is because the copyright page is long gone. I'm fairly certain it was printed sometime after the Flood, though from the looks of the cookbook itself, I can't be absolutely sure.

1 lb ground lamb
2 tbsp dry bread crumbs
1 tbsp snipped parsley
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp dried dill weed (I usually add more than this.)
1 egg
1 clove garlic, crushed (I usually add more than this, too.)
4 slices bacon

Mix lamb, bread crumbs, parsley, salt, dill weed, egg and fresh garlic. Shape mixture into 4 patties, each about 1 inch thick. Wrap bacon slice around edge of each patty secure with wooden picks.

Set oven control to broil and/or 550 degrees. Broil patties with tops about 3 inches from heat, turning once, until done, about 15 minutes. Serves 4.

No comments:

Post a Comment