Thursday, December 15, 2011

Christmas Cornflake Cookies


I was already in the car with my coat on before I noticed anything was wrong.  Preparing to back out of the garage to head off to church for our Saturday afternoon Christmas concert, I turned on the radio, adjusted the rear view mirror, and then attempted to straighten my skirt so that it wouldn't wrinkle on the way in.  But I couldn't find it.  I only found my slip.  That's when I realized I had forgotten to put on my skirt!  Good grief, I can just imagine driving to church, taking off my coat, and walking up to the choir loft before one of my friends whispered to me, "Ummm Sally, did you forget something?"

That's the sort of thing this time of year does to me.  It's so hectic, I'm always positive I'll forget to do something important or royally mess something up.  But so far this year I'm managing to keep it all together pretty well.  There was the "skirt incident" last Saturday, of course, but that's hardly worth mentioning.  Besides, all our Christmas gifts are now wrapped.  I've even managed to write out some of our Christmas cards.  So see?  I'm keeping it together just fine. :)

Pressing on to make all the traditional Christmas cookies, here's another of our favorites.  These cookies are a great addition to any platterful of sweets this time of year.  Not only are they tasty (I especially like the cinnamon candy bits:), they're also festive-looking!


1/3 c butter
10 oz marshmallows (about 40 regular size)
1 tsp green food coloring
6 c cornflakes
red cinnamon candies

Melt butter in a large saucepan over low heat.  Add marshmallow and stir until melted.  Remove from heat and stir in food coloring.  Add cornflakes, stirring until well coated.  Drop 3-inch spoonfuls of mixture onto wax paper.  Dot each cookie with 3 red cinnamon candies.

No comments:

Post a Comment