Saturday, July 11, 2009

Italian Potato Salad

Everybody I've ever served this potato salad to, loves it. I got it from an old, ordinary Betty Crocker cookbook, but made a few changes here and there. And because I never measure anything, every batch I make is a little different. :) So this recipe is only an approximate.

2 pounds potatoes (about 7 medium)
1 small onion, finely chopped (about 1/4 cup)
1/4 c Italian salad dressing
1 tbsp dried oregano leaves
1/3 c Parmesan cheese
1/2 c sliced green or black olives
1 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
3/4 c mayonnaise (I use reduced fat variety)
3 hard boiled eggs, coarsely chopped

Boil whole, unpeeled potatoes in salted water until done. Peel off skins and cut into cubes; stir in onion, Italian salad dressing, oregano, Parmesan cheese, sliced olives, salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours.

Just before serving, toss with mayonnaise until potatoes are well coated. Stir in eggs. Serves about 6 people.

2 comments: